655 South Lincoln Avenue / San Bernardino
TOLL FREE 877-470-2975 / FAX
Global West's new top of the line
coilover system is available 67-70 Mustangs. The kit comes with
Tubular upper control arms
Tubular lower control arms
Adjustable strut rods
Billet aluminum tower shock mounts
Billet aluminum lower shock mounts
Afco performance shocks (available non-adjustable , single
adjustable, or double adjustable)
Eibach Racing Springs
Billet aluminum shock mount covers (engine bay)
Thrust bearing kit under the springs for easier adjusting
The line drawing to the
left represents our preliminary calculations before cad cam.
The line drawing shows a wheel rate change from conventional suspension to
coilover. Notice the ratio change between a stock suspension to coilover. The .84 from .52
allows you to use a softer spring while maintaining a desired wheel rate. The new coilover
shock location also provides better damping. Fine adjustments to the shock can be felt
because of the reduced leverage.
- Global West offers 2 different coilover suspension systems. The first can be used for
drag racing and street performance driving. The second system is used for road racing and
/ or performance street driving emphases handing. This kit has our negative roll system
- Did you know that the Mustang suspension from 1964 though
1973 has overall 7 inches of travel. Our new coilover kit also maintains 7
inches of travel while our competitors only have 4.5 inches of travel
- Our new coilover kit places the load in the shock tower from the bottom just as
the factory. Our competitors load the tower from the top.
- No cutting of the shock tower is required.
- Installation requires drilling a total of 6 holes for the drag / street version and 10
holes for negative roll / road racing system. Drill templates included.
- Upper and lower control arms are fully assembled. Top of the line Del-a-lum bushings are
used in the upper arms and spherical Teflon lined bearings are used in the lowers.
Threaded stock type ball joints are used top and bottom.
- Adjustable strut rods make caster adjustment simple. Our strut rods have a special
billet clevis that indexes in the frame making it impossible for improper installation.
- Eccentric locout kits eliminate the lower cam bolts. The cam bolts can slip during hard
cornering altering your alignment. Our new locout kits offer 6 adjustments for camber
rather then one.
- Stock brakes whether drum or disc can be used. Racing brakes are also not a problem.
Notice our category 5 disc brake system.
- Coilover shocks are available three different ways non-adjustable, single adjustable,
and double adjustable.
- Adjustable ride height is a given. Note: A 1 inch drop with ride height puts the shock
is in the middle of its travel. If you want to drop the car more than 2 inches, different
upper mounts are available which bring back shock travel. Spanner wrench is also part of
- Billet upper mounting plates are standard in the engine compartment.
- Billet aluminum upper mounts are standard.
- Billet lower mounts feature slots to hold self locking nuts for easy installation. They
also provide the ability to maximize an affective coilover shock angle.
- Needle bearing kits are standard with our coilover kits. Needle bearings go between the
lower adjuster and the spring. Needle bearings to reduce drag when adjusting ride
- Hardware is included along with instructions and alignment specifications.
to the left is a negative roll coilover kit with
Global West 12.2 road racing category 5 disc brake kit.
More information to be added.
or Contact Global West.